Pumpkin Pie on the Grill
Recipe adapted from BBQ Pit Boys.
- 1 Homemade or store-bought pie crust
- 1 can Pure pumpkin
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. Ground cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- Bring grill temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using homemade pie crust, prepare crust and press into pie dish. If using store-bought make sure the crust is thawed (not frozen). Using a fork, poke small holes all around pie crust.
- Place pie crusts on grill opposite hot coals for 15-20 minutes. Cover grill. Be sure to follow cooking times on the package of your frozen pie crusts.
- Remove crusts from grill and reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crack eggs and put in a mixing bowl. Whisk and combine sugar, salt, ground ginger, ground cloves, pure pumpkin, evaporated milk. Thoroughly mix ingredients.
- Pour mixture to the top of each pie crust.
- Grill temperature should be 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pies on grill opposite hot coals.
- Cover grill and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove cover and rotate pies a half turn for even cooking.
- Cover grill and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover and check pies to see if complete. Place a tooth pick into center of each pie and remove. If they come out clean, pies are done. If the pie sticks to toothpick they are not done. Continue cooking until you get a clean toothpick.
- Set pies on cooling rack to cool down.